Re: Perl in testing?

Bill Moseley wrote:
On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:31:25AM -0400, stan wrote:

I've got a "testing" machine that I'm using in production 24/7 (yes, I've
heard the speech on that).

One of the things that it does is run a perl daemon that uses the perl hi
res time functions. I'm trying to get the machine up to the latest
"testing" packages, but at the moment I have a number of packages that I
can't install because the want to remove  libtime-hires-perl . Is this just
a difference in packaging? Is this module included in, let's say. the new
perl-modules package that apt-get wants to install?

That had me wondering, too. It would be nice if there was some indication that it wasn't just being removed, but rather provided by another package. Perhaps there is, but I didn't see it.

It's mentioned in the changelog of perl if you have apt-listchanges installed or view it manually.