Re: OT: The Hurd

At the risk of sounding smug, I managed to install the Hurd onto an Asus
L3 without too much trouble. I followed the "Installing the Hurd"
document by Neal Walfield and it all went well. I think (it was a while
ago) I did a little "ad libbing" but not much. It can be done!

I like the document though, I do recall having some of those issues and
thinking why!?!?!? Unfortunately X windows doesn't work on my machine as
it needs agpart which apparently doesn't work. If it wasn't for this I
reckon I'd actually use it!

rgh

--
"It is possible to make things of great complexity out of things
 that are very simple. There is no conservation of simplicity"

Richard Heycock <rgh@roughage.com.au>
key fingerprint : 909D CBFA C669 AC2F A937  AFA4 661B 9D21 EAAB 4291