Lilo & Descriptor Checksum Error
I took everyone's advice from yesterday (thanks!) and made a new kernel
today that I was sure had support for IDE stuff and my filesystems and I
skipped the initrd stuff. The newbie guide was helpful:
although I found the /usr/doc/kernel-package/README to be really good too.
This time I was able to make the kernel-image properly, and install it
ok, so far as I can tell.
My problem is that the system won't boot at all now (except via old
floppy boot disk).
It says, "LILO Descriptor Checksum Error" and just sits there.
label = Linux
Any other config files or information that would help, let me know. I'm
Things appeared to be going well (so far as this newbie could tell)
until the reboot failed.