Re: How to find version of XFree in Sarge?

Thanks for the explanation, Wim. I just did a net install of Woody on my computer, and it's no good if I can't run X! So I'm wondering what version of XFree86 is in Sarge.

Is it Sarge that gives you version 4.2.1.1 ?

If so, would Sid have 4.3 ?

Wim De Smet wrote:

The XFree86 server gives me 4.2.1.1 as a version reply so you might want
to look for a backported one if you want to use the nv driver or use the
propietary nvidia drivers instead. (allthough I thought that card was
supported by this version,but from your original mail I gather it is
not)