Re: Heads Up - Gnome 2.2 moving into Sarge

Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
The subject about says it - was doing an apt-get -s update of Sarge and
got indications of a large number of parts of Gnome 2.2 entering Sarge.
If you track Testing, use Gnome, and haven't moved to 2.2 yet, be ready
to migrate with your next apt-get upgrade.

There you go getting my hopes up. I just did an apt-get update and Gnome 2.2 is not in Sarge. The only Gnome 2.2 app that has migrated, for my system, appears to be gnome-games which forces most of the Gnome 2.2 backend to be installed, but the backend appears to coexist with Gnome 1.4. The majority of the meat and guts of Gnome is still at 1.4: gnome-panel, gnome-applets, nautilus, gnome-control-center, gnome-session, pretty much everything gnome-core depends on. Hopefully soon though...