Planning to move my IMAP server off old caldera linux to new debian (knoppix install)

I am planning to move my IMAP server off my 4 year old caldera
linux to new debian (knoppix hard disk install or
maybe woody 7 CD install).

I want to be able to take advantage of the apt-get
method of updating security files
and the old machine is really slowwww anyway.

Also, I only have 2 users and might run IMAP for
my wife on her machine and IMAP for me on my machine.
This way, I don't have to heat up my house by powering
on 2 machines when only 1 desktop is in use.

When we switch machines as we sometimes do,
we can still IMAP to our email.