Re: PGP key retrieval in mutt

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 03:23:07PM -0700, Nick Willson wrote:
> One way to fix that, from an [1]earlier thread, is to add
> "auto-key-retrieve" to the list of keyserver-options in my
> ~/.gnupg/options.  However, that means that gnupg will attempt to
> retrieve the key for every sender of signed messages that I open in
> mutt.

Well, it only retrieves unknown keys. Which usually means a slight delay
while processing a new key, if the key is known, processing is instant.

If you only want to download selected keys, your best bet is to do it
manually, unless someone comes up with a clever mutt macro that extracts
the key ID and feeds it to gpg.

HTH,
Nick

--
|              Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law:              |