Re: Linux

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 01:08:01PM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von
Bidder wrote:
> Debian is great, but if you have no Unix/Linux experience, you're in
> for a very steep learning curve. Better spend a year or two playing
> with SuSE, RedHat or Mandrake - it's a bit easier to install for a
> Windows/Mac convert.  If you know how to administrate a Linux box,
> come back to Debian and enjoy the freedom.
grr, ive been using debian for a few years and the other day i had to do
a susie 8.2 install which was very pretty but not very useful. It
annoyed me and took much pursuasion that i didnt actuall wanna use
reiserfs. Debian is very simple to install[i386 -sparc is a very different
story] -just say no to dpkg and no to tasksel and your sorted :)
Once installed, configuration is the interesting bit...

--
Hugh