Re: APT stopped working - MMap ran out of room

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 04:26:51AM -0400, Hamid wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just added a new line to source.list in /etc/apt and then entered
> # apt-get update
>
> And now I have a nasty message:
> ----------------------------
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of  room
> E: Error occured while processing trophy (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem wiith MergeList
> /var/lib/apt/lists/debian.lcs.mit.edu_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened
> ------------------------------
> As far as the mentioned file is concerned, I have it in that folder with
> almost a size of 8 MB

Search the friendly archives. This question has been answered about a
gazillion times in the past.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200305/msg00465.html

HTH,
Nick

--
|          What your soldier wants -- really, really wants --          |