Re: wvdial and winmodem

Petr S(imon wrote:

Thanks Dave,
I will probably really give up. My modem produces no noise at all which would mean that it doesn't work.
Thanks anyway. I go and buy pcmcia modem (i have laptop)
Petr

...mmm... one last thought ... All the modems I have used allow you to hear the initial negotiation however I have never used a laptop, and it is possible to make even normal modems totaly silent "L0" I believe.

"dial" a link, wait till just before it says "timeout " and pick up a phone on the same line and listen ... that is unless you happen to have a BT butt phone, I would let you borrow mine but I am in UK.... !

Anyhow just a last ditch method.

Dave