Re: thinkpad t20 modem

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 12:14, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
>  --- matt zagrabelny <z@saturnsys.com> escribió: > hello,
> >
> > i have a thinkpad t20 with debian installed on it. i am trying to get
> > the modem working. heres my current situation:
> >
> > i have downloaded ltmodem sources from http://ltmodem.heby.de/ and
> > compiled the modules. this step works, it is when the modules are
> > installed is where the problem occurs.
> >

> Did you use the ./build_deb script or otherwise install them (the build
> script would have generated another script that it told you to execute
> to ensure the modules are autoloaded on boot, but I don't recall the name
> of the script).

i used the ./build_module script and then ran whatever was suggested to
me by the script (ltinst2, autoload, etc).

> What is the output of 'ls -l /dev/ttyLT*' ?

z@zero:/dev$ ls -l ttyLT*
crw-rw----    1 root     dialout   62,  64 May 23 22:41 ttyLT0

the problem is still with loading lt_serial, what sort of information
will the long listing of a device tell me about fixing the module

-matt