Re: 3.0r1 install fails on iptables_1.2.6a-5.386.deb

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 07:43:58PM -0500, William Appleton wrote:
> Howdy
> I'm trying to install 3.0r1, and the install fails when trying to install the
> base packages.  Specifically, the installer emits errors on
> iptables_1.2.6a-5.386.deb. The installer seems to think the file is corrupt.
> I've downloaded disk images via FTP as single .iso images and also tried
> creating images using jigdo.  The problem doesn't seem to be with the disks
> or the iso image.

Try comparing the md5sum of the .iso you have with the one that Debian
has.  This will tell you for sure if the CD is damaged or not.

> Is this file actually corrupted in the distro or am I missing
> something (probably)?

My copy of that file has this md5 sum:
fbd648f7db424b89b2d9e903c47d67b5

Check it against the one Debian has, too.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?