Re: Mozilla fonts

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 09:48:12AM -0400, Joseph Barillari wrote:

>     V> Context: Debian testing + gnome 1.4 + Mozilla (coming with testing)
>     V> wit no special setting at all.
>
>     V> How can I improve the aspect of fonts in Mozilla whit respect to MS
>     V> Explorer?
>
>     V> I mean that in many sites the fonts in M$ Internet Explorer seems to
>     V> be somewhat clearer, neater. sharper than in Mozilla. Perhaps I need
>     V> to set something.
>
>     V> Any hint?
>
> Have you installed the msttcorefonts package? --Joe

That will give you better looking fonts, but not better rendering.  Xft2
rendering in Sid (courtesy of mozilla-xft) is *amazingly* perty.  I'm
pretty sure it's been backported to testing, too, if you can't be
bothered to do it yourself.  Try http://www.apt-get.org/.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?