Re: APT- if I apt-get -u upgrade to testing, will apt go backwards?

Hi J,
apt-get can go backwards.
you can:
apt-get install mypackage/stable
apt-get install mypackage/testing
apt-get install mypackage/stable
but then you have to do the same for all its dependencies.
Another approach could be to 'remove than install' if you dare.
But I'd just:
apt-get -s install mozilla-browser/testing
then see what it needs.
so you will probably need to downgrade libnss3 as well. And so on...
If all else fails, you can 'upgrade to unstable'.

-k

Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>