Re: Mutt set up advice.

On 03-05-23 17:09 +0800, Isaac Claymore wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 01:10:38AM -0600, Dan Hunt wrote:
> > I also use mutt to access my imap work mail, but I do not know how
> > to edit the header to make the mail "come" from "me@work".
> >

> Try:
>
> set use_from
> set from=clay@dawning.com.cn
> set envelope_from=yes
>
> Or:
>
> my_hdr From: clay@dawning.com.cn

also look at reverse_name, if you don't your mail to *always* look like
it's coming from your work address. You also have to set up alternates
to tell mutt what addresses you want to be identified by. Then when you
reply to a message sent to any of your alternates, it appears to come
from whichever account the original sender sent it to

For instance, I have

set from=kenneth@ylayali.net
set alternates=(kenneth|kld|webmaster|lists|ebay|ken)@ylayali.net
set alternates=kdombrowski@nyc.rr.com
set use_from                # always add a From header
set envelope_from=yes       # try & derive envelope Sender from From
set reverse_name            # return mail from the address it came to