From: jqdkf@zju.edu.cn [mailto:jqdkf@zju.edu.cn]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 1:06 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: What is "/etc/-src" ?

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 11:19:05AM +0800, Jimmy Lu wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There is a binary file in my /etc directory named "/etc/-src".  I am
> not sure what this file for.  I am worried it might be some kind of
> hacked file.  Does anyone
> have information about this file and how to deal with it?
>
> 1 -rw-r--r--   1  root   root   24 Mar 25 17:30  -src

In my point of view, there should be only configure files under /etc, all
are readable with any editor. You can use 'file' to check out what format it
is. From what you show, it seems not an executable one. If you concern about
safety, you need to check out your log files under /var/log.

--
Zeng Nan

Simple is Beautiful.