Re: Lynx - stop viewing binary files as text

* Paul (gabaod@yahoo.com) [030522 14:08]:
> How do i get lynx to stop trying to view binary files
> as text?
>
> i do a   lynx http://www.blah.com/blah.zip   and it
> tries to view it as text, instead of prompting me on
> if id like to download the file instead.
>
> Im wanting it to prompt for download when i specify a
> direct url to a file, and also when selecting a link
> it prompts to download.

Does this happen every time, with every type of file you want to
download, or only from a certain site?

My first guess is that www.blah.com is broken, and sending blah.zip with
a Content-Type of text/plain (or something other than application/zip,
anyway).  Unfortunately, probably the best you can do in this case is to
mail the webmaster there and hope someone can fix the problem on their
end.

good times,
Vineet
--