Re: Spamassassin 2.5 in Debian 3?

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 11:19:09AM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I beleive spamassassin has bayesian filters in version 2.5 but the
> version in woody is only 2.2.
>
> Can I safely install version 2.5 or will this break perl modules that
> Woody depends on?

Yeah - I've done this on our work mail server - 2.5 is much better.

Use backports from here:

http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/backports.html

you just add a line to your apt sources and you're done.

> A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no
> mercy. - Joseph Campbell

mmm Joseph Campbell appears to be somewhat ignorant... I can't begin
to count the number of things wrong with this quote *sigh*.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
					Psalm 130:3