Re: RAID and preferable file systems

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 10:48, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> This is more for mental future reference - are there any filesystems
> that are better choices on RAID (or certain RAID configurations) and any
> that are absolutely horrid?

It's my understanding that ext3 still uses "global spin locks",
and thus is slow on SMP systems.  So, since many RAID systems
are also SMP, this may have some bearing on choice of FS.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |