DCOPserver & user

Hi,
After apt-get upgrade only root can run KDE and KDE apps. Every other user gets this:
There was an error setting up intter-process communications for KDE. The
message returned by the system was:

Could not read network connection list.
/home/<user>/.DCOPserver_<hostname>__0
Please check that 'dcopserver' program is running!

Somewhere I found that deleting .DCOPserver* might help. It didn't. How do I set this server so every user can use KDE again. Is this some veird permission problem? Why there is .DCOPserver* only in users home dir and not in /root too? Thanks a lot for help
while it is quite stressful being root all the time (feel too powerful and my ego grows and grows... ;-))

Petr Simon