gcc 3.2 and gcc 2.95

I don't know whether my question is off-topic in this mailing list, so forgive
me first.

I want to develop a code using some numerical routines provided by other guys.
The problem is when I tried to compile the code, those routines required
gcc-2.95, while in my Debian I have gcc-3.2. It seems that the backward
compatibility (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a novice in this area) does not
work.

I am wondering if I can also install gcc-2.95, side by side with gcc-3.2,
without any problems.
Or do I have to remove gcc-3.2, before installing gcc-2.95. What will be the
worst things to happen for this case?

Flubie

--
This email was written using KMail 3.1.1 on Debian GNU/Linux