Re: changes to /etc/group ?

* Dave Selby (debian@pusspaws.net) [030519 15:41]:
> When I change /etc/group is there a way of updating the system so the
> changes are acknowledged without re-booting?

What do you want to happen that doesn't happen immediately?

Any processes already running as a particular group won't change group
IDs.  Stopping and starting them will work.  Rebooting has the effect of
stopping all of your processes.

Any files owned by the wrong groups won't change, not even after a
reboot.  You'll have to do that yourself, probably using find and chown
(or chgrp).

good times,
Vineet
--