Re: sudo is acting up

 --- Vineet Kumar <debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net> escribió:
> I thought you said your sid box does ask for a password?  Then you said
> "I would like my unstable box to also ask for a password...".

My mistake.  I meant that I want my STABLE box to prompt for a password.

> Anyway, assuming you mean you DO want the machine to ask for a password,
> no extra setup is necessary.  The defaults are to ask for a password if
> the user hasn't authenticated within the last 15 minutes (IIRC).
>
> This behavior can be overriden with the NOPASSWD option, like this:
>
> vineet  ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/ifup eth0

I don't have this option set in the sudoers file on either machine.

> If you're never getting any password prompts at all, and your sudoers
> file is pretty empty (no other options that are changing sudo's default
> behavior), you should also check /etc/pam.d/sudo.

I checked the files and they are both identical:

#%PAM-1.0
auth    required        pam_unix.so

But, my stable box never prompts for a password.

<SNIP>

> good times,
> Vineet
> --
> http://www.doorstop.net/
> --
> "Computer Science is no more about computers
> than astronomy is about telescopes."  -- E.W. Dijkstra

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es