ipmasq and logging

I have installed ipmasq on a firewall box and would like to review the transmissions which are logged and dropped. As syslog is flooded with the exchange of magic numbers, this is not necessarily easy. From a study of other iptable firewalls, I see it is possible to add --log-prefix "Dropped" and I have copied ZZZdenyandlog.def to ZZZdenyandlog.rul and added a log-prefix to the log rules. So far I have seen nothing. Since the firewall box has a 20 Gbyte hard drive (it is hard to buy anything smaller) I would rather redirect the log and drop messages to a seperate file. Is there some way to do this?

Tom George