Re: debian packages and source files

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 05:09:04AM -0400, Hamid wrote:
> I have installed mysql-client and relative packages.
> Now I want to compile Qt from the source files but it complains that it
> could not find the "mysql.h" in /usr/include .
>
> I was wondering if this is the case with all .deb packages, i.e. it does
> not install the necessary header files and it is just the binary lib files.

You generally don't get the header files unless you also install the
-dev version of the libraries.  Something that you could do if you have
some deb-src lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list is use "apt-get
build-dep foo" which would get the packages that are listed as being
needed to build the package foo.

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com