Re: SCO targets Linux customers

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:45:43AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Has anyone seen this?
>
> SCO Group, a financially struggling company that claims its Unix
> intellectual property has been illegally incorporated into Linux, has
> sent letters to about 1,500 of the world's largest corporations
> warning they could be liable for using Linux.
> http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-1001609.html?tag=fd_lede1_hed
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/cnet/CNET_2100-1016_3-1001609.html

Gun. Bullet. Foot. We all know how IBM handles license and patent
issues, and I can't imagine SCO has never done anything which infringes
one of Big Blue's patents and/or copyrights, of which there are plenty.

I've done my first wobbly steps into computing on a SCO R3 box, and it's
sad to see them go. Nevertheless, with this attitude, good riddance.

Cheers,
Nick

--
|                  And AC said: "Let there be light!"                  |