I got my printer working! canon bj-200 using LPRng, magicfilter and gs

I just wanted to post a followup on my previous posts. I got my printer up and running
using lprng, magicfilter, and gs. My W2K PC can also print via samba "right out of the box", but it can't obtain a status
or print queue. (it says "access denied", which had led me to believe the printer could not be
printed to when in fact it can)

here is my server /etc/printcap:

lp|canonbj200|Cannon BJ-200:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/canonbj200:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/bj200-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

and here is my client /etc/printcap:

lp|canonbj200|Canon BJ-200:\
    :lp=lp@agamemnon.xucaen.net:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/canonbj200:\
        :mx=0:sh:sf:pw=80:pl=72:px=1440:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
        :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

I just want to point out that I did not have to manually
change group, owner, nor any permnissions on any files or directories.
So, all those postings I read today that said I had to do it, well.. I did not.

magicfilter truely is magic!  :-)

the printer howto's are not newbie friendly.

and I am calling it a night.

Good night Debian users!

Jim