Re: How to install TeX CM fonts in postscript format on sid?

Charlie> Hi, I am using Debian sid and running into problems generating
Charlie> postscript output (DVI is fine) that lead me to believe that
Charlie> the CM fonts in postscript format may not be installed, or
Charlie> accessible, on my system.  Which .deb package do I need to get
Charlie> these fonts?

The PostScript fonts should be on your system already.  Look in,
e.g. /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm for the Computer Modern
set of fonts.  AFAIK, though, the ec set of fonts is not available in
Debian (yet?).  You can download these from
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/cm-super/
Beware -- there are a *lot* of files.  You may be able to coerce CTAN
into giving you the whole directory as a tarball.

BTW, what problems are you having generating PostScript?

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA