Re: "home" and "end" keys changed - not always" into "tilde"

hi
    u must hav chosen keyboard type other than "US" during installtion
change it back to "US", every thing will be ok.
i can understand the troble u had in typing this mail, if u sent it
from ur debian box :)

-Manish Kumar Arya
www.LinuxIndia.net

hi,
I have a 80% woody 15 % sarge 5 % unknown debian.
since an undefined time and event I have to tackle with a strange
keyboard behaviour.

this is what happens when I write something at shell prompt
(this is the prompt:    andrea@dragon # >      )
(the asterisk is cursor position       someblahblah*    )

when cursor is at the end of the row, that is
andrea@dragon # > someblahblah*

if I push "home" instead of
andrea@dragon # > *someblahblah

I get
andrea@dragon # > someblahblah~*

then if the cursor it at the beginning of the row
andrea@dragon # > *someblahblah

if I push "end" instead of
andrea@dragon # > someblahblah*

I get
andrea@dragon # > ~*someblahblah

an so on if I am in the middle of the row with the cursor.

These things do happen also with pico editor but do NOT with vi editor
or the netscape navigation toolbar.
To be in Xwindows or in console (not graphics) does not change
anything, so the problems should not be related to
X.

Any clue ?

Thanks and bye

Andrea