gnulpr major problem!

Ok guys, I installed gnulpr but I can't even run printtool. I see that the apt-get install gnulpr
install a TON of gnome libraries. Since I am not even running X on this machine I am assuming
that printtool is a graphical tool.

SO, I wish to UN-install everything that apt-get install gnulpr installed.

SO, I type in apt-get remove gnulpr.

SO, someone please tell me why in god's name does this only uninstall gnulpr and not ALL
of the other junk that got installed? Do I have to wipe the drive and start from scratch?

This is a p133 with an 800MB drive, I can't afford to have all of these unnecessary libraries filling
up mu precious space.

Thanks

Jim