bind lan names verses real names

Here is my setup: I have 4 machines, on a lan, so I need local names. I'm using the domain mylan.lan. So my desktop box is 192.168.1.10 and its name is quasar.mylan.lan. The rest of my local box's have addresses 192.168.1.x and *.mylan.lan names. I'm running bind on my desktop. Everything works fine on the local lan.

one of my boxes, spider, has a dsl connection to the internet, it NATs the lan machines. I also have a real internet domain. I have the real domain working fine, running bind on spider. My homepages, etc work from the internet.

But I still have a problem, spider, can't get local names.

Having both servers in /etc/resolv.conf does not work. I thought it would, but Its not. Can I use the forwarders section in /etc/named/conf? That would mean spider would refer all its internet lookups to my desktop system, which does not seem like a good solution.

What should I do?