reading the flash card of a canon powershot G1?

Hello!

since the gphoto2 package in unstable is heavily broken i was trying ot
get the images down my camera by reading the flash card directly...

i have a pcmcia insert for those card and my system correctly displays
me the card as an IDE drive with the spec hdc ...

but now mounting seems impossible...

normally i thought it should be msdos (fdisk reports a FAT16 system) but
no way.. i tryed all availbe fs given in the mount man page... nothing
works...

is there some other trick with which i migth get a grip on those
photos??

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org