Re: show all Suggests packages not installed

Dan Jacobson wrote:
Gentlemen, with the recent discussion about getting the "recommends" and
"suggests" packages along with the "requires" packages, I, being on a
modem, am in no position to now get all those "recommends" and
"suggests" packages that I don't have installed, but at least I would
like to know what I'm missing.

For instance, I have package "apt" installed.  OK,
$ apt-cache show apt
Suggests: dpkg-dev

It turns out I also have dpkg-dev installed.

OK, what I want to do is
For all (1000+) packages that I have installed:
    Show me all the Recommends and Suggests packages (that I don't have installed)
    in one concise list.

So what is the nifty one liner to do that? "...|sort -u"

grep-status -FStatus -v 'ok install' -ns Package >> /tmp/status-not-installed && for i in `grep-status -FStatus 'ok install' -ns Recommends,Suggests | sort | uniq | sed -e 's/,//g'`; do grep ^$i$ /tmp/status-not-installed; done | sort | uniq

I suppose that is one line...