Re: Mplayer - cannot resize video

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 07:30:15PM -0400, ScruLoose wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So I've got Mplayer-686 0.90rc4-woody0.1... plus a whole truckload of
> codecs (win32 and all that) on my woody box...
> And I found I couldn't resize the video.  If I choose double or
> full-screen, the window gets bigger, but the actual output doesn't change.
> (ie. I have the same small image with a big black border around it)
> This *seems* to be the same for different formats (avi, mpeg...)
>
> Now, I've gone out and got the nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel debs, got those
> installed and tested 'em out on Tuxracer (whee!).  All fine and good.
> I've switched Mplayer's output plugin to xv (which works with the new
> driver -- was just a blank window with the old 'nv' driver)
>
> Still exactly the same result as before when I try to resize...
> How do I make this work? (I'm *never* going to sell my girlfriend on Linux
> if she can't watch her extensive anime collection in full-screen! ;-))

This is the command I use with mplayer:
 mplayer -vo xv -ao oss -fs -vm nameoffile.avi

You're probably missing the -vm option -- this changes the video mode.
You could also try the -zoom option if you have a extra beefy CPU.

--
Gee Law, gee(at)cromulent(dot)org(dot)uk
GPG encrypted/signed mail welcome