Re: cron.hourly doesn't run

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 09:26:03PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> * Nicolas Kratz (nick@ikarus.dyndns.org) [030509 21:09]:
> > On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 08:09:26PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > > 60 * * * * root         test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts --report
> >
> > Delete the 6.
>
> ...and file a bug report ?? *I* didn't change that. That's how it was
> setup by Debian.

I just installed ipcheck from sid, and there was no cron.hourly created.
The behaviour sure warrants a bug report, but I think it should be filed
against /dev/dau.

> > > Problem is, that update-dyndns script doesn't appear to execute hourly.
> >
> > I use the ez-ipupdate daemon here, which only updates when necessary. No
> > cron needed, in fact the machine it is running on doesn't even have
> > cron.
>
> As long as mine updates hourly, I'm happy. I run nothing critical on it
> or if I can't reach the machine, it's no big deal. This ipcheck *checks*
> my IP address (hopefully hourly) but only updates dyndns if it's
> changed. It's a non-abusive client... :)

If so, that's fine.

Please, don't reply off list, unless there is a reason to do so.

Cheers,
Nick

--
|                     Never touch a running sysop.                     |