Re: cron.hourly doesn't run

* Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.dyndns.org) [030510 00:44]:
> On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 08:09:26PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > Problem is, that update-dyndns script doesn't appear to execute hourly.
> > I've got it creating a log file and as of right now, the log reports
> > this:
>
> DO NOT UPDATE ON AN INTERVAL.  It's in all-caps because if you read
> the dyndns FAQ, you would have seen this point multiple times.  You
> *WILL* be banned from dyndns for such abusive behaviour.
>
> Don't mean to sound angry, but seems like every couple weeks the
> dyndns newsgroups get messages asking about how to do interval
> updates when it's both not necissary and not allowed.  Don't do this.

Please read up on the ipcheck client. It's info on dyndns.org's own page
says

    We currently support all options and recommendations as of Oct 1,
    2002

You're referring to clients that update too often even when the IP
hasn't changed, I assume. FWIW, my ipcheck.log says this:

    ipcheck.py: Checking hosts in file vs command line.
    ipcheck.py: The database matches local address.  No hosts update.

That's *not* a problem, is it ??

Hall