Re: debian install

ivan valdes <ivan_val@att.net> writes:

> guys i hate to say it but the deb install of the latest distro is
> beating me up badly, but i refuse to quit. i need help, i go through
> the install and have had problems getting the gui to work. at least

If you are new you might want to try Knoppix.

It boots from the screen sets everything up automatically and brings
up the gui.

If you are satisfied with the results you can install the thing to
your hard disk by running knx-hdinstall (or some similar thing, I
don't remember the exact name).

I sometimes use this instead of installing manually when I'm short on
time. I any case installing debian for the first time can be quite
intimidating. It took me about a week before I had a usable system.

Hope that helps,
Bijan