cdrecord -dummy erased my cd-rw disk

Hi, I've just installed an IDE cd-rw drive. It is
an LG model 8080b and it does indeed work.  :-)
Many thanks to all of you who helped me out.

The reason I know it works is because I tested it
on a full cd-rw disk using the cdrecord -dummy
parameter. since I didn't have any blanks, I
thought I would try reading one that is full. I
couldn't open a new session on it, so I thought
to my self, "hmm.. I wonder if blanking the disk
would work"

so I did this:

cdrecord -dummy dev=0,0 blank=fast

After a few minutes and a few status lines being
displayed the bash prompt returned. It had
succesfully blanked my disk! I was very excited!
"Not only have I just sucessfully installed
tested my new drive," I exclaimed aloud, "but I
didn't sacrifice any data to do it! what a
wonderful idea this -dummy parameter is!"

Then I mounted the drive....

and my excitement turned to anxiety...

my disk was erased!

but... but.. I used the -dummy parameter!
According to the man page "The CD-Recorder  will
go  through  all  steps  of  the recording
process,  but the laser is turned off during this
procedure."

apparently, blank= overides -dummy

...and now xucaen=dummy.

at least my LG drive works....  :-)