Re: lmsensors on SOYO Dragon mobos

    "Paul" == Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> writes:

    Paul> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 07:15:19PM -0600, Shyamal Prasad
    Paul> wrote:
    >> Here is my config, heavily edited around 12 months ago, and it
    >> works in that the values printed match up against what the BIOS
    >> reports on startup as closely as I can make out.

    Paul> OK, well, that works sorta.  Power supply's got something
    Paul> resembling the right output.  Considering I've now had two
    Paul> different motherboards report roughly the same levels from
    Paul> the power supply, I have to wonder what they mean.  Temp is
    Paul> *way* off, though.  How do I kill off all the alarms and fix
    Paul> the temp?

    Paul> Yes, it's a SOYO Dragon KT333 Lite.

Looks like the KT333 boards are quite different from the KT266 board I
have. Those seetings work perfectly for me.

To turn off the alarms look at the lines that read in{x}_min and
in{x}_max for voltage alarms. The "compute" lines actually figure out
the voltage values printed. I suspect the coefficients might be a
little different on the KT333.

It looks like your CPU temp is okay (+31 looks right? Or is that your
case temp?) but the SYS temp is way off. I use temp1 and temp2 as the
CPU/SYS sensors and ignore temp3. You can change the sensors used and
see if that helps (temp2 is almost certainly not the correct SYS
sensor in your case). You can set the alarm values there to.

Maybe you already knew all this....

    >> BTW, I also use this nifty package called lvcool
    >> (http://mpet.freeservers.com/LVCool.html, but I have a .deb
    >> from somewhere too) that helps keep my processor cool enough

    Paul> Gotta wonder what this does that the kernel doesn't.

The kernel just halts the CPU during idle. On Athlon processors that
does not power down the front side bus. The lvcool program basically
puts the processor in a "stop grant" mode which disconnects it from
the FSB and reduces power consumption a whole bunch. In my case CPU
temps dropped about 12C.

Cheers!
Shyamal