Re: grub configuration question

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 08:51:18PM -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> My attempts to configure grub.conf to boot debian result in kernel
> "file not found" error.
>
> I am migrating from Red Hat on a primary HD (SCSI ID=0) to woody
> debian installed on a secondary HD (SCSI ID=1). I did a cross
> installation of debian on the secondary HD, including the kernel, but
> did not install grub on the secondary HD. Now am trying to boot debian
> with the grub boot loader installed on my primary HD.
>
> Here's one of the configurations I tried:
>   title debian 2.4.18-686
> 	root (hd0,0)
> 	kernel (hd1,0)/vmlinuz-2.4.18-686 root=/dev/sdb1
> 	initrd /initrd.img-2.4.18-686
> [snip]

It sounds should be like below if your debian /boot is within the first
primary partition on your second hard drive.

 	title debian 2.4.18-686
 	root (hd1,0)
 	kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-686 root=/dev/sdb1
 	initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.4.18-686

You can simply verify the existence of related files.

Good luck,

Qian