Re: E: Package proftpd has no installation candidate

It still doesn't work. I don't think this has anything to do with when I try it.

Kevin McKinley wrote:

On Mon, 05 May 2003 14:35:49 +0200
Jimmy Tak <f.l.tak@leden.snt.utwente.nl> wrote:

I'm sure it has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. When I try to install proftpd I get the following error:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package proftpd has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package proftpd has no installation candidate

I can't find it with apt-cache search either. I've tried several sources and I did my apt-get update's. Whats wrong here?

I don't know. Generally when I get that message I can try again later and
everything is OK. proftpd seems to be available now:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=proftpd&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

Maybe you tried at exactly the wrong time?

Kevin