Re: "stunnel" with TLS support?

* Ralf G. R. Bergs (rabe+debian-user@RWTH-Aachen.DE) [030504 04:03]:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to be able to use something similar to "stunnel" to provide TLS-
> POP3 support to make my Opera users happy.
>
> Pointers or hints anyone?!

Sorry, not really.  In order for this to work, you're going to need
to either switch pop3 servers (to one that does support STARTTLS -- I
can recommend courier-pop3d-ssl), or use some sort of proxy that
implements enough of the POP3 protocol (including STARTTLS) to sit
between your users and your real pop server.  Unfortunately, I can't
recommend any -- I've never heard of such a thing.  I'd bet that just
switching pop3 servers would be less of a hassle anyway.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/