Re: openafs-modules-source build with kernel-heades

Jonathan Brandmeyer <jbrandmeyer@earthlink.net> writes:

> What is the debian/rules target that I should use to build this package
> against kernel-headers for a pre-built kernel-image?
>
> Is there any kind of standard for this?  The nvidia-kernel-src package
> uses binary_modules, but that isn't a valid target for the rules
> file.

In general, 'make-kpkg modules-*' will call 'debian/rules kdist-*',
for * being (empty), 'image', 'clean'.  So if you pass all of the
right command-line parameters to pretend to be kernel-package (KSRC
and KVERS come to mind), then something like this should work
(probably):

> openafs-modules-source 1.2.9
> kernel-image-2.4.18-686
> kernel-headers-2.4.18-686

  debian/rules kdist-image KDREV=2.4.18-1 KVERS=2.4.18-686 \
    KSRC=/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18-686

	-- Abra Mitchell