Re: How to autoload 3rd part kernel modules?

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 05:12:51PM -0700, nate wrote:
> stan said:
> > I'm trying to get the WinModem in my new laptop to work.
> >
> > I've found the correct kernel modules, and managed to compile them. I can
> > then load them by hand uisng insmod. There are 2 f them lt_modem.o and
> > lt_serial.o. The 2nd one depends on teh firts one.
> >
> > How can I arange to have these loaded autmaticly at boot time? How can I
> > teach the module loading system about the dependencY?
> >

> what I do is put the module in a good place under /lib/modules/`uname -r`
>
> and put the name in /etc/modules
>
> echo "lt_modem" >>/etc/modules
> echo "lt_serial" >>/etc/modules

Thanks, I thought that work, but it seemed pretty kludgy to me. I was
thinking thta thier must be a somewhat more automated way of dealing with,
say, the next kernel rebuild (I use kernel-package if thta matters).

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin