Re: problem with dhelp

Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
Hi,
I just installed dhelp (using local file system, no web server on this machine), but it doesn't seem to see most of the entries in /usr/share/doc-base. It comes up with a web page with links to HOWTO, debian, graphics and tex. (The web page is at /usr/share/doc/HTML/debian/index.html) Shouldn't there be a lot more there, or am I missing something?

The machine is a powerpc (iBook) running sid, if that makes any difference.

thanks,

I think you want /usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html as your base. Also, swish++, info2www, and man2html need to be installed separately if you want their functionality[swish++ indexes everything for searches, the other 2 are self-explanatory]