Re: Rip and transcode a DVD to single file?

On Monday 05 May 2003 16:57, mkamp@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'd like to rip and transcode a full dvd to a single file (possibly two)
> ... What package would make sense to use?
>
>   I tried dvd-rip, which is nice, but I haven't been able to figure out how
> to transcode to a single file, just one file a chapter!?

dvd-rip is what you want. Only you have to rip the DVD as a whole, not in
chapter mode. You can still transcode the single chapters and merge them to a
single file using avimerge (comes in the transcode package):
avimerge -i file1.avi file2.avi <etc.avi> -o wholemovie.avi

joerg
--
Gib GATES keine Chance!