Re: exim config rewrite problems

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 04:09:15PM +1000, Rex Chan wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've been trying to get exim to work correctly. i'm using the 3.3.x the
> one that comes with woody and 2.4 kernel.
>
> Using eximconfig, i've chosen to use my isp mail server to send out
> email.
>
> However, after editing the /etc/email-addresses
> and uncommenting the rewrite section of exim.conf, i found that the
> rewrite doesn't work. using exim -brw localuser@mymachine never gets
> rewritten to mymailaccount@myisp.
>
> I've managed find help to rewrite the "from" header so that it does get
> sent out, replacing it with user@isp. But all other headers remain as
> localuser@mymachine.
>
> However the "From:" header never rewritten to mymailaccount@myisp,
> preventing me from using mail.isp as a mail server.
>
> Does anybody know how to configure exim properly?

I'm not sure if this is done properly, but in the rewrite
configuration section at the end of exim.conf I have

	blu@quash	jardine@tesionmail.de	frF

and it seems to work.  I must say I wasn't sure about those
letters at the end when I did it, and I certainly can't
remember anything about them now.  "blu" is my user name,
"quash" the name of my machine.

HTH