Re: hauppauge tv-card

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 19:46, Guldo K wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> Anyone out there has any experience about hauppauge tv-cards?
> I can't get mine to work.
> It's:
> Hauppauge WinTV Primio FM
> chipset cx23881-27
>
> I read on bttv site it does not work with bttv, but there's "cx88".
> I dloaded, but can't compile (gcc-3.2).
> (lots of errors from 'make')
>
> Any advices?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guldo
> Debian woody
> Linux 2.4.20

Sounds like the bttv site is correct - probably the cx88 is still work
in progress. I run a Hauppage WinTV Go (yeah, the lowest model they
make) and it works quite nicely, but it was an absolute bear to get
working until several times reading the HOWTOs backwards and forwards
(and a couple days of kernel rebuilds and reboots to finally get it to
work - most of the time, the card sat in an anti-static bag to let me
run my system, complete with sound.

The best advice is read, and read and read the documentation, and if you
can find a contact address in the cx88 documentation/code, contact them
for info on how that is coming.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org