Re: Hot to configure Postfix do relay mail?

Fernando Shayani wrote:
> I'm having troubles to configure Postfix (stable/woody) to relay mail
> for another domains outside my network.

Okay, stop right there.  Repeat after me.  Relaying mail is bad.  I
promise not to set up an open relay.  It is unneighborly.

> For example, I want to send a mail to a user at @yahoo.com, but Postfix
> says that it is DENIED!

Just sending mail to someone is not the same as relaying.  So your
statement confuses me.  Sounds like yahoo.com is denying accepting
your mail.  Are you on a dial up line (DUL) or in a DHCP range, say on
a cable modem or DSL?  If so then most big sites block those IP
addresses as a measure against spammers who send mail from those
locations.

If you are in a DUL IP block then you first need to forward the mail
to your ISP mail hub and let them deliver it from their static IP
range.  In the postfix main.cf config file that would be 'relayhost =
mailhub.isp.com' or whatever.

> How can I open the postfix to relay mail to all domains, but the user
> must first authenticate to use this funcion?

If you are really wanting to set up an SMTP relay then about the only
thing available is autenticated smtp, aka AUTH-SMTP.  But I have never
set that up so I will bow out of the thread here.

Bob