setting up a recovery-friendly Linear RAID

Hello,

I have a few large disks that I'd like to combine into one really-large
volume. The data that will go on this volume isn't so important that I
need to keep it backed up instantly, so I don't want to use RAID 4 or
RAID 5. I would, however, like to be able to recover data off the other
disks should one of them fail (the files on the failed disk will be gone
forever, but I want to be able to retrieve the rest). Hence, RAID 0 is
out too.

I'm familiar with Linear RAID, and that would seem to suit my purposes.
However, I don't know what kind of filesystem I should use such that I
will be able to recover from one of the disks failing. I'm partial to
ReiserFS, but perfectly willing to try out something else that would
work well.

I've been reading man pages and searching around to find documents about
this but I haven't had any luck so far. If anyone can give me any
suggestions, experiences, or links to pages I should read, I would be
most grateful.

Thanks,
Corey